onsdag 26 juni 2013

Chapter 11 - Someone to keep you warm

 She ran, she ran as fast as she could. Did not care of where and how long she just felt that she needed to get as far away as possible. She felt sick to her stomach but when she tried to throw up there were nothing more than gall and bile. It was not as much the surprise her mother had thrown at her that felt hard to handle. She had always wondered why there were no similarities between them when she had looked herself in the mirrow. It was the fact that she had almost started flirting with the mand who was her own father. Urgh! She continued running until she had no breath left. Then she stopped and looked up. To her surprise she realised she had ended up just a block from where they lived. She sat down at the side of the road trying to figure out what to do next. Since it started get a bit chilly in the air she realised that weather she liked it or not - she had to return home.The windows were dark when she went inside and the only hear the peacful snorings from her siblings in their beds. However, it was really quiet from her mothers bed.

 Rose was waiting for her when she got into the kitchen early the next morning. Her mother did not say anything at first and that in itself made Liv very uncomfortable.
-Do you have any idea how embarresing that was mom? she blurted out when she no longer could not stand the silence.
-Yes I do hunny. And it was never my intention that you would get hurt for a stupid mistake I did many years ago.
-So I was a mistake? She could not help it, but her voice trembled when she asked it.
-No, no, NO! Liv, you were never a mistake! But I was young and desperate and well... in kind of a bind and deeply, madly in love. You do stupid things when you are in love.
And so Rose, told her daughter everything. Her arrival to the town.  Meeting Stein and about falling in love. She told her about how dark it had felt to be "the other woman" and how terrible she had felt  when she had found the nursery. And then she told about the cloning.¨
-I know it was sttupid, dangerous even. But when I knew  I could never have him, I just wanted a part of him with him with me and since I was working on my scientific project I had all the tools availble. Are you mad? Can you ever forgive me?

She fell silent and Liv did not say a  word. For an awkward moment it was as silent that you could hear a needle fall to the floor. Then Liv took a deep breath and spoke:
-It really sounds like a fairytale. But I know you  would not lie to me. And I only fond memories of growing up here. The  best actually. I have always known our family was different. That does not change who I am though. So no, I am not mad - a bit disappointed maybe that you did not tell me sooner. But I can understand you had your reasons.
Rose, drew a sigh of relief. You are such a good girl Liv. You always have been.
-One question more though, Liv said. When are you gonna start dating Stein again? He told me his wife had passed away a long time ago....

 
 Ulv and Kiley spent almost every waken hour together. Ulv who had been a computor geek from the start always had felt that 1 and zeros always made so much more sense. But when he was holding Kiley in his arms it was like the entire Universe made sense. It took a long time to admit it to himself. But he realised that he was in love. Kiley of course had known that for a long time.


 In the meantime, the twins celebrated their birthday, growing up to teens.


One of the first things they  did was to throw the Presentparty of the century (or so they later claimed). They invited everyone from school who was someone. Flora was the one behind the invitationlist and she got a plan. Everyone needed someone special to crawl close to when the winds blew chilly. And in the end everyone would thank her and see how magnificant she was! And if she could score the hot Max that would just  be a bonus!


 Liv was thrilled that the really goodlooking guy Alberto was showing her some interest. She could not understand that a rich guy like him was interested in her. Especially since gossip had been telling he was allready dating. But she knew better than to listen to gossip...

 
-You are so cold Viola, Mango said. Don't be like that!.
-Cold? Why do you say that? Is it because I look different?
-Well, now when you mention it...
-???
-But I think you look pretty in green. Would not have you any other way. It is just sometimes you seem so distant. It is hard to get to know you. to get close to you. You are like an ice queen. A green ice queen...
- Oh sod off...

Sometimes Viola really felt like she was an alien, like all the kids have called her at school. How much Rose had reassured her she was human at heart and worth at least twice as much as those thugs. She just could not understand them at all! And this just confirmed her suspisions.

 
It had been a successful party, but it ended in somewhat of a passagerite for Rose, when she grew into an Elder.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Definitely not my best chapter. I got stuck with the disappointment that being a plantsim was not even close to fun to play until they were a teen, and  even then it was just plain messy :-( So the twins did not really develop the personality I had wished for them. They became very much 2D. But now I am gamewise working on 1 or 2 last chapters to finnish Generation 1 up. My goal is to at least play it to end of generation 1, but not necessary write it up before IP. I want to have access to my mods as long as possible....

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar