tisdag 18 juni 2013

Chapter 10 - About racks and commitments


Liv can not help but smiling. The old man seems so charismatic and also so familiar in some way. Furiously Liv tries to figure out where on earth she have seen him before. They stand there for a while. Just talking about the weather and her journey to France. As her siblings continious to bicker about who got the best outfit in the background the comes with longer and longer pauses apart until they stand there in the rain just staring at each other.  Eventually, they are rudely awakened by Flora, tugging Liv's arm asking:
-Will there be any candy or what?
Liv pulls herself tpgether and let Stein give some candy to the cheering children. She notices that he seem as shaken and puzzled as she feels.

 
Thor loved the trick-or-treating. So much in fact that he does not want it to stop. One day he is a dragon, the next an astronout....
 

Ulv on the other hand have left these kind of childish games behind him, as he grew into being a teenager. As a birthdaygift his mother bought an old computor for him. Which he instantly started spending insane amount of hours ahead of. To a part he used it to gain some extra  cash since he had understood from his mother that their finances were a bit tight. But he found himself spending more and more time in the chat-channels.
He was talking to one girl in particular: Kiley Oss. When they were little they did not spend much time together besides school. But now he finds that they are almost as twins.


Although they spend almost every free hour talking to each other online, it feels strange to finally meet in real life. But he did not have to worry. The conversation flows fine. When they talk about familiar things. As school, computor and gaming. It gets more complicated when they gonna start talk about the more important things:
-I... uuhm... like your racks, Ulv manage to get over his lips.
-My WHAT you say Kiley blurts out.
-Your server rack! I really like your server rack...
-???
 
Get a grip Ulv he chides himself. Hold yourself together will you man. If just for a minute at least? he takes a deep breath.
-Look, Kiley. I like you. I really, really like you. Wouldyouliketogotothepromwithme? He says it as fast as he can so he wont regret it later.
-Yes, I really, really would. Now what graphic card are you using for your World of Simcraft?
 
 
In the meantime Liv asked her mother if she knew this man Stein that she had met earlier. But for once her mother did not want  to answer. She avoided the question, saying that she could not remember. For the first time Liv knew that her mother had lied to her. Stubborn and curious as she was she decided to go directly to the source. Stein lit up when she rang on his door, let her in and showed her to the sofa.

-Come in, come in Fair Lady! What can I help you with today? Not more candy I assume. You are sweet as it is. Liv giggled.
-No, not at all. I came here to ask if you knew my mother, Rose Abbott? His face froze for a second and then he said:
-Rose, yes we were close once. But lost touch I'm afraid.
-Did you know my father? Liv asks shyly.
He shrugs.
-I may have. I knew a lot of people back in the days. Will take a aweful time to walk down memorylane and I am awefully thirsty.
-Can't we meet down at Micks?  They have karooke and beer Liv asks.
-How about half past seven?

Ulv and Kiley is also at Micks when Liv arrives. But they are so focused on each other and the duett that they do not notice her whem she walks past them. She finds Stein in a corner of the bar sipping a cold beer.
-The same ! she says to the bartender. Trying to sound older and more confident than she is. He shakes his head and points at the sign: "No minors serverd". Liv blushes and wants to fall down the surface of the earth.
 
 -Dont mind that, come lets sit down in a more quiet corner and I tell you about your mother when she were young...
-So you did remember her after all, Liv asks. She has to almost shout since the music is so loud. Little do they notice that the object of their conversation had just entered the building...

 
 -Liv! Rose says harshly. Stay away from that man! You do not know what you are doing!
-Come on! You dont decide over me! Dont tell me what to do! I am an adult soon.
-The important word here is soon, and as long as you live under my roof you do as I say young lady...
-There, there... Ladies, lets not do anything we regret here. This charming young lady have just expressed some interest in her past thats all. I find it valorous that someone that young is so commited.
-Oh shut up Stein! What do you know about commitment?

 
-Dont you dare talk to him like that! Stein is my freind! He sees me as a women - not a child.
-Oh for goodness sake Liv! Rose snarls. You need to stay away from him. He is your Father!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Sorry for the long delays in updates. I sort of planned to play A LOT now so this generation was all but done when next expansion hits. But apparently life had other ideas.... But instead I give you a long and juicy update! And yes I am still miffed that Rose and Steins relationship apprently did not last over the lifestate change of him being an elder. Bah!

2 kommentarer:

  1. O.O
    Wow. Uh oh!
    How is Rose going to explain this one?! Did she even sleep with Stein? I can't remember. I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about it!!

    Awww, geek love! Hehe! Loved the "I like your racks" misunderstanding. LOL!

    Can't wait to find out what happens! But don't worry about life holding you back, we all get that.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Well, that's certainly going to be an interesting explanation Rose will have to give! I shall look forward to seeing both Liv and Stein's reactions

    SvaraRadera