fredag 24 maj 2013

Chapter 2 - Two letters sent

One afternoon Rose sent two letters:

Dear Sirs and Madams,
as requested here is my first seasonal report of my studies so far. I have established  a godd base of plant material so far. After some afterthought I also decided to include a beehive. It has shown to be good for the pollination and my hypothesisis is that the honey may be used in the nectarmaking further down the line.


I have also started calibrating the research equipment and study some basic plant samples to investigate what approach would be best for my purposes. All in all I feel that I am off to a good start. On the horizon I am planning to implement some studies with homegrown material and to start investigating molecular differences between different classes and sorts of plants. Hopefully that will bring some insight in how to continue further.
Yours,
/Rose Abbott

The other letter was to her sister:

 
 
Dear Sis,
Remember when just before I left for Aurora I bragged and said  that this would be like a vacation and that I would eat icecream every day? Well, I lied... So far I have had ONE cone of ice during this summer. One! But that  is because I have been very busy. But do not think I have been alone because I have been buzy.

 
I have made some really nice new freinds. On the first day I met Stein, a blond music agent or something. He is really hawt. Taken unfortunately. Bummer! But he has been a real freind and helped me out tonnes! I have also got some great talks and help from the woman at the consignment store, ddd . She is very freindly and we talk about her family a lot.
 
Do you remember that class about Sales mom nagged me to go to one semester? The very boring one? Because: "You never know when something like that might come in handy". You know what? It really did! But  dont tell mom that, I will never hear the end of it.... I have managed to sell some fruit and vegetables for some really good profit and are not doomed to live on a budget on a shoestring anymore. Although the money is still tight. So the book about nectar making´I found in here, let just say I have it on my Christmas list so far.
 
 
You know, I really do love living here. But it is harder than I thought. Who knew that plants could so much weed?
 



And I also have had a small mysterious set back in my gardening. One morning when I came out to my small garden half of them were gone and the rest  dead in the grounds so I had to throw them away :-( I still do not know what have happend. Luckily I had some spare seeds so I could plant the garden back up again!

 
And, bees - they are not as cuddly and soft as you first may think. They apprently blamed me for the disapperance of their flowers. Stupid critters!
 
 
 
But the waters around here is really clear and calming! Your kids would really love it!
 
 
Oh well, have to go now. Have a genesplicing machine to train. As of now it is Me vs Machine 0 -1. But that will change (I hope).
 
Talk to you real soon!
/Rose
 
-----------------------------------------------
I have realized that I love to write in letterform. It allows me to include those wild and insane pictures that would not fit in a "normal" story. But it fits perfectly when writing to a confidant (Her sister in this case). So that will be reoccuring.
 




5 kommentarer:

  1. Hehe, good to see she's making some progress! Shame about the plants (was that zombies?) and the bees getting angry too.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I like the letter format, it gives a nice insight into what she is thinking :) I'm wondering what happened to the plants though, was it zombies or deer?

    SvaraRadera
  3. Ah! I can see how the letter format lets you use the funny pics you can get that are harder to use in the story. I usually stick those on my blooper page since they don't fit but I'd love to use them. You've found a way! Good for you!

    Lol on the bees not being so friendly after the plants died. Poor thing. Hope she didn't get stung too much!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Letterwriting is a good story-telling device, I agree. Gene splicing and gardening--what a combination! I wonder why her plants died though. Did a horse get into her garden?

    SvaraRadera
  5. I like the letter writing. =D
    Deer will at your garden plants as well. Or zombies, lol. You can fence the garden in to protect it.

    SvaraRadera